- Electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure. Greatly reduces user effort and the risk of influencing the pulling process
- Impact and scratch resistant color touch screen with keypad for operation with or without gloves
- Built-in rechargeable battery performs over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while the battery recharges.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure—weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof—meets or exceeds IP65
- Rubberized, shock absorbing grips provide a stable, skid-resistant footing
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths. Maximum pull-off pressure by dolly size...
- 10 mm: 14000 psi (96 MPa)
- 14 mm: 7000 psi (50 MPa)
- 20 mm: 3500 psi (24 MPa)
- 50 mm: 560 psi (3.8 MPa)
- User selectable measurement units: psi (pounds per square inch), MPa (Megapascal), Nmm2 (Newtons per millimeter square) or Newton (force)
- User adjustable pull rate, pull limit and hold time
- Rotating display for horizontal and vertical use
- Calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell
Adhesion testers include everything needed for testing: Automatic Adhesion Tester, built-in rechargeable NiMH battery with charger, dollies, abrasive pad, cutting tool, glue with mixing sticks and palettes, cotton swabs, USB cable, PosiSoft Software, instruction booklet, shoulder strap, Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST, two-year warranty, and a sturdy, lightweight carrying case^
* Optional 20mm/50mm/50 mm C1583/50 mm Tile Conversion Kits allow each model to be used with alternative dolly sizes. Custom 10 and 14 mm dollies are available for special applications (compatible with 20 mm stand off).
^ Upgrade to the Pelican® case by adding a '-P' to the Ordering Code.
Conforms to international standards including ASTM C1583/D4541/D7234/D7522, ISO 4624/16276-1, EN 1542/12004-2, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others
Memory and Reporting Features
- Internal memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size for 100,000 pulls in up to 1,000 batches
- Record the results as pass/fail and the nature of fracture - cohesive, adhesive and glue failures
- Wirelessly connect to your smart device using our free PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android)
- WiFi technology wirelessly communicates with PosiSoft.net, downloads software updates and allows access to stored measurement data using standard web browsers (see WiFi Features for full details)
- PosiSoft USB Drive—stored readings and graphs can be accessed via USB using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- Compatible with PosiSoft Desktop, PosiSoft.net and PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android) software solutions
PosiTector App Features
- Add images and notes using the camera or keyboard
- Create customized, professional PDF reports
- Share, backup, synchronize and report measurement data
- Auto-pairing Bluetooth (BLE) connection
- See the Help File to learn about how it works
Touch Screen Display
Use the touch screen to interact with menu options. Swipe horizontally to navigate between views or vertically to move between batch readings. Alternatively, the keypad can be used for navigation and selection.
User adjustable dolly size, pull rate,
pull limit and hold time.
Batch summary provides an at-a-glance review of test results.
View test parameters and reading results. Reading is recorded as pass or fail based on set test parameters. The pass/fail results can be revised.
Notes can be added for each reading.
Include a note for a batch (group) of readings.
Record the nature of failure—cohesive, adhesive and glue failures
Recording the Nature of the Fracture
Upon completion of a pull-off test, the dolly and coated surface should be examined. In addition to pull-off force, many National and International standards such as ASTM D4541 and ISO 4624 require the nature of the fracture to be recorded.
- Cohesive fracture: fracture occurs within a coating layer (same coating on dolly face and coated surface).
- Adhesive fracture: fracture occurs at the interface between layers (coating on dolly face differs from surface).
- Glue failure: visible separation of the glue from itself, the coating or dolly (no coating visible on the dolly face).
The cohesive and adhesive fracture visual analysis can be recorded using the PosiTest AT-A's keypad or touch screen display. Alternatively, the information can be reported using the PosiTector App.
Fractures are visually estimated and recorded as a percent of each. The two layer example below illustrates a cohesive fracture within coating layer 1 and layer 2 (visually estimated at 50% each). Recorded results are included in reports.
The PosiTest AT-A can record fracture information for up to five layers. For full details and examples see Visual Analysis and Recording of Test Results.